At Giant Leaps Speech Therapy we are now able to provide teletherapy services across the country. Through teletherapy, we can provide you with the same high quality specialist intervention while removing the limitations of isolation or geographical barriers. We use a high-tech online platform to host individual speech therapy sessions. Therapy can happen in the comfort of your own home, with a NZ registered Speech Therapist, without the cost of travel to and from sessions. Our sessions take place via video conferencing software and computer based activities. Webcams make online speech therapy engaging and interactive for the child. And the great news is - research has show that teletherapy is equally as effective and beneficial as traditional face-to-face sessions.
What do I need for Teletherapy?
Teletherapy is very simple and you don't need to be a tech expert to be able to connect with your Speech Therapist. We will guide you through the setup every step of the way. Our Teletherapy service is helping young children all over New Zealand to access the online speech & language therapy they need to achieve their communication potential. .
- Computer or Tablet
- Reliable Internet connection
- Working email address
- Phone (for initial setup support)
- Headset or earphone (recommended but not essential)
Benifits of Teletherapy.
- Get help from one of our Speech Language Therapists wherever you are in NZ.
- Remove geographical barriers
- Stay in the convenience, comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Save time and money travelling.
- Interactive technology is FUN!