Speech Therapy Terms + Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. All services provided by GIANT LEAPS Speech Therapy shall be governed by them. We require your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions at the time we receive your referral and before providing any services. We provide our services to you subject to this agreement. As always with a binding contract, please read through it carefully before making a booking. We may amend the terms and conditions of this agreement, but the current version will always appear on our website (www.giantleaps.nz.). If you continue to use our services after changes are made to this agreement, we will inform you of these changes.
- “Charges” means Giant Leaps Speech Therapy’ standard service fee and any additional amounts quoted to the client.
- “Client” means the person who stands to receive services from Giant Leaps Speech Therapy, or the person’s caregiver if they are under 18 years of age.
- “The Company" means Giant Leaps Speech Therapy and its authorised representatives.
- “Services” means the services provided by Giant Leaps Speech Therapy to the Client.
- “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions, including any amendments made to them from time to time.
- Giant Leaps shall provide the Services to the Client in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Giant Leaps shall provide the Services in accordance with the standards of skill and care reasonably expected from a leading service provider in the Speech-Language Therapy industry. All of our therapists are registered with the New Zealand Speech Therapy Association, the governing body for Speech therapists practicing in New Zealand
FEES & CHARGES:
- The Client shall pay the Charges to Giant Leaps Speech Therapy in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All amounts stated in or in relation to these Terms and Conditions are, unless otherwise stated, exclusive of GST.
- Giant Leaps Speech Therapy shall inform the Client, verbally or in writing, of the amount to be charged for any services before providing those services.
- Assessment Services carry a minimum base charge of $185.00+gst (as at 01st January 2021). When additional testing, report writing, funding applications, observations etc are required to complete the comprehensive assessment, this will be communicated with the Client, and additional charges will be advised if they apply.
- Therapy Services are charged out at the whole or part hourly rate of $130.00+gst (as at 01st January 2021).
- Giant Leaps Speech Therapy shall issue and invoice for the charges incurred to the Client at the the end of each calendar month or by prior arrangement
TRAVEL & MILEAGE:
- Therapist travel time and mileage has been compacted into one charge by the Company for Services that take place outside of the Clients local clinic location or CBD. Travel and Mileage is charged at $1.20/km. This rate encompasses the IRD recommended mileage charge of 0.78c/km travelled and 0.42c/km therapist travel time.
- Travel & Mileage will be calculated as a return trip from the nearest clinic location to the end service location, and return to the clinic base.
- Travel & Mileage will be calculated using google maps.com using the shortest and fastest travel route advised.
- Travel & Mileage will be split between multiple clients when applicable on route for the same therapist services in the same day.
- The Client must pay the Charges to Giant Leaps Speech Limited immediately after having received services. Invoices for prior services will be sent out on the 31st of the month with payment due on or before the 20th of the following month
- The Client must pay the Charges in full online via bank deposit, via debit/credit card using our online invoicing system, unless prior payment arrangements have been approved by the company before the provision of services.
- If the Client does not pay any amount rightfully due to Giant Leaps Speech Limited under these Terms and Conditions, the company has the right to charge the Client interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 10% per annum (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment and compounded at the end of each calendar month) until the full payment is made.
At Giant Leaps Speech Therapy, we prepare for each of our appointments thoroughly. Accordingly, there is a limit to the number of clients we see in a day because of the high level of service we guarantee. If you book an appointment with us and don’t turn up – or if you contact us to cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, three things happen:
- We lose the time we have spent preparing for your appointment – time that we could have spent helping our other clients.
- We may not have enough notice to schedule another client in to your slot. This reduces the total number of clients we are able to help that day.
- We lose income. This makes it difficult for us to pay our overheads, and invest adequately in staff and resources.
We will accept cancellations up to 24 hours before an appointment is scheduled. You must notify us of your cancellation by email or by telephone. Our current contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org and 0800 4 SPEECH
- If you fail to attend, cancel or seek to reschedule an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be liable to pay a 50% cancellation fee (of the GST inclusive cost of the scheduled appointment)
- If you fail to attend two or more scheduled appointments without notification, we reserve the right to discharge you and/or any child under your care from our service without notice.
- All materials provided to you by us (or by our staff or associates), and any intellectual property belonging to or associated with our company and/or services: including, but not limited to, any website, trade mark, trade name, logo, software, text and graphics are the sole property of us or our staff or associates. You agree not infringe any of our rights in any way.
- You may make a copy of materials provided to you for your own personal use, but no other use of them is authorised whatsoever.
- A contract under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand Law.
- The courts of New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with a contract under these Terms and Conditions.